The wearable blanket hoodie has an inner Sherpa lining and a super soft faux fur outer layer. It provides the warmth of the night/winter and makes you feel like you're lying on warm cotton. During winter or on lazy days, it is the right companion for lounging/reading/gaming, etc. Certainly, it is a helpful assistant in our daily lives. However, how to wash/maintain it is becoming a big problem among those who are purchasing for the first time.
What is Faux Fur Material?
What is faux fur fabric? At the beginning, we should be clear: faux fur is free from animal products, and no animals were harmed in the production of faux fur.
Faux fur is exactly what it sounds like — it’s fake fur. Faux fur is a term used to describe synthetic fabric that's been created to mimic the aesthetics of animal fur. It's often referred to interchangeably with fake fur. To create this manmade fabric, many manufacturers use blends of acrylic and other synthetic materials sewn together to look like real fur accessories.
If you are contemplating whether to purchase a faux fur wearable blanket, it is vital to know how to care for it. Generally, faux fur fibers do not attract moths and other insects. You don't have to be as meticulous with its care because it's cheaper and more eco-friendly than genuine animal fur. If you have a faux fur oversized blanket sweatshirt, here are some washing methods and tips you should keep in mind when caring for it:
If you are afraid of the faux fur hooded blanket being ruined in the washing machine. Keeping it safe is best achieved by sticking with the old-fashioned way-hand wash. We should prepare a mild detergent, vinegar, and the basin in advance.
- Shake the wearable hooded blanket to clean it.
- Add some vinegar to the basin. Rinse the blanket first, then place it in the basin with water. It should be around three-quarters to half full. It is possible that when the blanket is submerged in the basin, water will overflow.
- Submerge the blanket in a basin of water for 10-15 minutes. We expect soaking will allow the vinegar to do its magic and help loosen the fibers. This will enable the faux fur to return to its softness.
- Wash the thing manually. Wash the blanket after the soaking is finished, then rinse it vigorously until you no longer smell vinegar or see any soapy residue on the surface.
- Thoroughly squeeze the liquid and hang it to dry.
- Place the item in a mesh washing bag and then put it in the washer.
- Add the tray with the mild detergent (anything softening, bleaching, or perfuming is not included) amount needed, and then fill white vinegar to the same compartment, soaking for 15 minutes (If you keep it on for too long, you might end up damaging the fabric).
- Select the delicate and gentlest cycle mode on the washing machine, and make sure the water temperature is cold and the spin is low.
- Throw the faux fur hooded blanket with sleeves on the drying rack or clothesline to dry.
Tips for Washing an Oversized Wearable Blanket Hoodie
Faux fur is made from manmade fibers, such as acrylic or modacrylic, that is made to resemble real fur. What happens when heat meets acrylic? It ruins the soft and fluffy faux fur you’ve come to love. You won’t be able to revive it.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Never use hot water.
- Never put faux fur in the dryer.
- Dry it on a drying rack away from direct sunlight.
Hopefully, after reading this blog, you won't worry about washing your faux fur oversized wearable hooded anymore. Moreover, if you want your wearable blanket hoodie to last a long time, you have to know how to wash and maintain the faux fur blanket.